Sunday, May 27, 2012

Glorious Garden

One thing that I love about our house is our yard.  The previous owner was an incredible gardener and our yard is full of beautiful plants and flowers!  Abby and I have been trying to take pictures of everything so we can figure out what they all are. 
My little helper posing by these pretty pink viney things

Pretty ground cover.  In the spring it's covered in pink, purple and red flowers.  So gorgeous! 

Lovely Daisies





These lillies are next to our mailbox.  There are a few other houses in the neighborhood with these by their mailboxes too. 


These lillies are all over in the backyard and I love it! 

Passion flower vines covering a tree stump. 


Isn't the blossom cool looking?





Salvia
 With all these great plants already here, I have still been able to plant a few myself. 
This will be a beautiful Ruby Slipper Hydrangea when it gets bigger

One of my two butterfly bushes.  Hopefully next Summer it will be gorgeous and covered in pink flowers and butterflies! 
 One disadvantage to having lots of plants in your yard is you also tend to attract bunnies.  So our veggie garden is now solely on our deck.  This year we have 1 stalk of corn in the green pot (Carson planted it at school), 3 tomato plants (2 cherry, 1 unknown-another school plant), and 2 bell peppers.  We also had some radishes and carrots (also from school), but they didn't survive being transplanted.     
 I also have a few herbs plants in pots.  Basil, thyme and rosemary.  Did you know that rosemary and basil are natural mosquito repellents?  Good to keep around when you are outside. 
If anyone has some insights onto what these plants are, give me a heads up!  I'd love to know how to take care of them so they keep coming back.

2 comments:

Emily Brooke said...

Mom and I put our head together, this is what we came up with: White daisies, orange stargazer lilies, she thinks that weird crazy one is a passion flower, more white daisies, hydrangea, the blue poker is Salvia. SO PRETTY!

myhoa said...

love love love all this! so beautiful.

photo one: honeysuckle (comes in white and red - yours probably smells A-MAZ-ING!)

photo two: creepng phlox - can apparently live through deep frosts.

photo four: azelas - do they bloom once or twice a year??

photo five: peonies!! my total favorite. love sun and you can cut them down in the winter.

but your lillies are day lilies, which love the sun. they come in orange and yellow. but watch out they multiply like crazy!