
We'll start off with Abby. Our little girl is sleeping through the night! She's been doing it for about 2 weeks now and we are loving it! I just need to be better about getting her in her jammies the same time I do Carson because it's been known for her to fall asleep after eating around 8pm and not waking up again until 6:30am. She would have done that last night, but I forgot to get her diaper changed before I fed her at 7:30, so I had to wake her up at 11 to get her ready for bed. She's only 2 months old and already sleeping through the night. Carson was 3 months old before he was doing that, so we consider ourselves pretty darn spoiled. If she keeps this going then I think we will take the plunge and move her into Carson's room. We'll give it a few more weeks just to be sure.
She has also started smiling and yesterday she laughed for the first time. We were too slow with the camera for her laugh, but hopefully we can catch it soon. It's nice to see her smile at me. It makes changing her 3rd poopy diaper for the day a little more enjoyable.

Then there's Carson. Don't let those big blue eyes fool you. This is where the frustration comes in. The past 2 days I have been really trying hard to keep him from screaming. By 11am today, he had 3 time outs in his room with the threat that he wasn't getting any stories before naptime. I have this crazy notion that I should be able to reason with a 2 1/2 year old. I talk slowly and ask him if he understands what I'm saying and he says "alright", but then 20 minutes later he's screaming and yelling "NO!!!" all over the house. The concept of "inside voices" didn't work, trying to tell him that the screaming bothered the baby (when in actuality she could care less) didn't work. He's napping right now, thank goodness for nap times! I am going to hold onto those for as long as possible because on days like this, naptime is probably the only thing that's keeping me from putting him on my porch for the Lupus Foundation to come pick up.
No comments:
Post a Comment