On Saturday morning we got up and drove to my parent's house to spend the weekend there. We got there in time for the first session of General Conference. It was cool to see the Solemn Assembly. I don't remember anything from when President Hunter passed away and President Hinckley was sustained, so I enjoyed seeing it for the first time.
After that first session, we got loaded up in my sister's car took off to play hookie for the rest of the night. All but my mom drove up to Reading, PA to see a Brian Regan show. If you don't know who he is, he is one of the funniest and cleanest comedians ever! This, of course, was quite an ordeal for me. To start off, I'm less than 2 weeks away from my due date. So naturally I am HUGE and get uncomfortable really easily. So 2 hours in a car was a bit of a challenge. Second, with the baby being so low, I have to go to the bathroom all the time. So everyone in our party was instructed to make sure I didn't have too much to drink at dinner, or else I would be going to the bathroom every 2 minutes and miss the show. So we get to the restaurant and I order myself a water. When it comes, I pick up my glass to take a drink and the bottom of the cup falls off. I am not kidding! My big plastic glass broke and all my water came crashing down on me! Now seriously, have you ever heard of anyone's glass bottom falling off?! It was a mess! My pants were completely soaked, and of course they were jeans. I don't even need to express how uncomfortable that was. What made it worse was that the waitress didn't really seem to care. She got me a new drink and then basically vanished. So I didn't eat much during dinner because I was uncomfortable and ticked off. I tried to make it through, but decided that I could not go to the show in those pants. So after dinner we mad-dashed it to Target so I could buy a new pair of maternity pants. I bought the first pair I could find that was my size with the full panel and then changed in the bathroom.
Then it was off to the show! This made my whole pants situation worth it. Oh my gosh he was so funny! His opening act was really good too. I wish I could remember his name. After the first 20 minutes I was laughing so hard that I was crying. I probably cried off all of my mascara. We didn't take very many pictures because we were a little slow getting to the theatre, but here's the outside and then here's me after the show. 
That is the look of pure enjoyment folks. Take Luck and Good Care!
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Yeah, anytime we go anywhere now, I have to bring this dumb little pillow with me to prop my back up because it hurts so much. I even took it to the movie theater a few weeks ago. I feel dumb, but if I don't it is really painful to sit for a long period of time!
He is the funniest guy. Did he do the poptart thing? That had me peeing my pants I was laughing so hard.
Oh Courtney, I miss you tons. I loved it when you would laugh so hard...especially when we all made a dash for the bathroom at the same time. I'm laughing so hard...I just tried to explain to Tristan but he is too involved in basketball to give me more than a shake of the head and a smile. I should expect that from boys when sports are on. At least you understand. :) I love it!!
Post a Comment