Today I was pondering all the things that I have "indulged" in during this pregnancy. Up until now I probably would have thought that I was a pretty sane person when it came to cravings and whatnot. But turns out that this pregnancy might be more strange than I imagined.
Take for example, when I was pregnant with Carson, the only thing on my mind was "non-dairy frozen desserts" aka snowcones/slushies/Popsicles/slurpies/etc. I made Andrew go out at 10pm one night to Sonic to get me a grape slushie because I absolutely had to have it. It couldn't be their cream slushies because I absolutely could not have a dairy-type dessert. I think after that night he accepted that if I needed something, he would just suck it up and get it. But for the most part, that is all that I craved with Carson.
Currently I am 17 weeks pregnant. So far this pregnancy I have had cravings for tomatoes, Sbarro pizza (it has to be Sbarro pizza), Whoppers, and now oranges. And snowcones has crept in there a few times, but luckily this pregnancy I have a snowcone machine, so I can make them whenever I want. :-) I have no idea where these cravings came from. When I was dealing with morning sickness, all I could think about were cherry tomatoes. I would have to buy 2 sets of tomatoes at the store...one for sandwiches and cooking and the other batch for my eating enjoyment. Generally once my batch was gone, I would move onto the other batch. Carson got into the tomato enjoyment as well. He won't eat corn, but he'll pop cherry tomatoes like they are candy.
The pizza came when I saw a kid on Sesame Street eating a piece of pizza. I still have yet to get a slice of Sbarro pizza. I need to get to the mall and get me some. The whoppers came from a commercial and luckily I had purchased some earlier in October as part of our Halloween candy. That craving was easy to please.
Then came the oranges. Today at Safeway, I walked past the clementines and had to have them! Never mind that they cost like $8.00 for the box. I didn't care. I bought a box and ate about 8 or 9 just today. I'm thinking that I should move to Florida this winter so I can indulge in my orange fixation.
So there you have it. I'm thinking that my next craving needs to be something really good...like Godiva chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. That would be a good one!
4 comments:
That's funny. I don't really have many cravings. There was this one time a few weeks ago that I saw some kids making biscuits on tv, so I made some at midnight. That was crazy. I am eating a lot of sugary things and Starbucks Frappacinnos, but I think I've always been that way.
Snow Cone machine?? I wonder where that came from!!!??? I miss you Bird!!!
hehe, yes, snowcone machine. :-) And at least you're craving things that are good! Nothing weird or scary! haha, but the cheesecake sounds like a good one for next time. Miss you Bodah!
I love hearing about different people's cravings. For me is was potatoes. Well, mainly potato cakes. I sent Josh to Arby's a few times to get me some until I bought a bag of frozen ones. I remember driving home from work thinking about how I couldn't wait to pop a few into the oven for a snack. I am a total weirdo, I know. I haven't had any since then.
Post a Comment