For the past week or so, Carson has been interested in a new hobby...throwing tantrums. It's like he knows that in a few days he will be 2-years old and that means that he has to be part of the "terrible two's". I am nearing my breaking point with him. He cries for no reason. Today when we were coming home from the store, he didn't want to come inside. Pretty normal for him. After I asked him many times, he stood there whining. So I picked him up out of the parking lot and brought him up on the porch. When I opened the door, he purposely walked into the step and fell forward. He starts to cry, so I pick him up and bring him inside. For the next 30 minutes, he doesn't stop. He cries when I change his diaper, when I give him lunch, when I put him by his toys. You pick him up, he cries, you put him down, he cries. Once naptime came, he crashed because he had been crying all morning. I haven't found anything that will calm him down once he gets off on a tantrum. I've tried books, cuddling, videos, playing toys, going outside, offering him fruit snacks, cookies...nothing. The only thing I can think of to do is to just ignore him when he goes off and hope he figures out that he won't get his way if he acts like this. Half of the time I'm convinced that he doesn't even know what he wants.What has happened to my happy baby?!
2 comments:
Mom left us alone when we did that, and we continued for awhile but apparently realized that we were getting nowhere with it, so we stopped. Mom said it about killed her at first, but its what she had to do. Good luck!
Sounds like toddleritis to me!
Post a Comment