Monday, September 17, 2007

Since the word is out...

I guess it's safe to tell everyone in blog-land that I am pregnant. As of today I am 9 weeks 5 days along. The baby is due on April 17, 2008. Here is one of my sonogram photos from my first doctor visit. The baby's head is on the right.


We had a fun time telling our families. Andrew was in Phoenix for his mom's 60th birthday when he told his family. We weren't originally planning it that way, but when his older sister Missy wrote in her mom's birthday card that she was 10 weeks pregnant, Andrew couldn't resist. His sister and bro-in-law Brittany and Brandon had a bet going to see who would get pregnant next...me or Missy. Once Andrew heard that, he said something to the effect of "well we're only 3 weeks behind Missy." It was great that he could be with his whole family to tell them the news. Now we just needed to tell my family.

Since I love to be creative in these kinds of situations, we thought it would be fun if Carson told everyone the news. This past Saturday my family came over for my birthday party. Figured that was the best time to share the news. So earlier in the week, I made a onesie for Carson to wear that said "I'm going to be a big brother". After his nap, we brought him downstairs wearing the shirt. He made his rounds and quickly the news got out. It was a fun surprise to share with everyone. My sister Lauren had it figured out already, but my parents were surprised. I think my mom was mad that I waited so long to tell her. We found out when I was about 4 1/2 weeks along.

So that's the latest news with us. We are very excited. I'm glad that I have been feeling great during this pregnancy! I've only had a handful of bad morning sickness days. When I was pregnant with Carson, I was sick from 11-7 everyday until 13 weeks. With this pregnancy as long as I eat all the time (like every hour), then I feel great. It's when I don't eat frequently that I feel nausea. Guess the little bean is a big eater.

9 comments:

jcroni said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :)

Valerie said...

Congrats! How exciting for Carson as well.

Cristin said...

That onesie is a cute idea. Congratulations... I'm glad you're not too sick!

LeMira said...

That's exciting! It will be fun to hear if you're having a boy or girl; I guess we still have 10 more weeks to find out.

Trisha said...

Yay!!! I love the shirt idea for Carson.

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. And can I just say that Carson is SO blasted cute! Now that I know you have a blog, I will be stalking you regularly. :-)

Ben Arkell said...

congrats, we like the shirt idea. That's how we broke the news that Gina was pregnant with Kamri.

benandgina.blogspot.com

Danica said...

Ahhh! Congrats! That's such great news. What a cute little bean. :) That's fun how you told your family too. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys, even if we were expecting it a bit. :) I am glad that you are feeling well...and Happy late Birthday! I hope it was a fun one. Carson is looking so much like Andrew these days.