Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm all alone...

So to quote the ever-so-funny Donkey from Skrek, "Cause I'm all alone. There's no one here beside me. My problems have all gone, there's no one to deride me..." Andrew left early this morning to head to Phoenix for his mom's 60th surprise party. We've been logging away a bunch of frequent flyer miles, so figured this was a good reason to use some. So all in all his ticket cost $5.00. Not too shabby. Only downside was the times of his flights. This morning he left the house at 5:30 am to be at the airport for a 7:20 am flight. When he get's home on Tuesday, his plane is scheduled to land at 10:01 pm, with about 30% on-time arrival. Yuck! But you can't argue for just $5.00 and a few miles. His mom doesn't know about the big party and that both Andrew and Dayne are flying in. It should be a fun trip. But then that leaves Carson and I at home by ourselves. I'm trying to think of something fun for the two of us to do, I just don't know what that is. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Sorry, no suggestions, just my sympathy. I hate when Kirk goes out of town!

Cristin said...

I usually rent a bunch of movies to watch by myself after Luke goes to sleep. Or there is always shopping.

That's the weird thing about being a stay at home mom. I always feel like every day is pretty much the same, even with the husband out of town. It's kind of hard to change it up sometimes.

Trisha said...

For us, Josh never leaves but Macie and I always leave him! Something fun Macie loves is going to see animals. Sometimes we play outside watching birds, go on walks to see other dogs, or go to a zoo. That's always fun.