Friday, August 31, 2007

FF: Thanksmus Chrisgiving

I started this a few weeks ago and forgot to finish it. Bad me! For my flashback this week, I decided to reminisce about my favorite holiday: Thanksmus Chrisgiving! This holiday was created when I was in college. My roomies decided that we wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas together before everyone left for winter break, so we created thankmus chrisgiving. It is normally celebrated sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We would all take turns making part of our big dinner and invite friends to join us in our feast. This was my last TC before I got married. Andrew and I are in the back left corner. This is definitely one thing that I miss about being in school. Next time I am back in Utah, I hope that I can get together with my rockettes again and have me a monster Thankmus Chrisgiving, even if it isn't celebrated between Thanksgiving and Christmas.


Here's Andrew and Clark carving the bird. Neither of them had carved a turkey before. Pretty funny to watch.


Our beautiful table spread just waiting to be devoured. We borrowed another apartment's table and chairs and used about 4 ovens throughout the complex to make our dinner. It was pretty serious.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Another fun reason to eat more during the holidays!

jcroni said...

I like happy day also... I remember it every year!

jcroni said...

Or, our Kwanzaa parties... those were interesting...

Kristen said...

This is such a cool holiday!!! :-) LOVE IT!