Yesterday we took a trek to the National Air & Space Museum at the Dulles Airport. It's about 5 minutes from where we live, so we figured we should go give it a look see. It was really cool! It's in the massive airport hangar. There are planes on the ground, hung in the air in all different poses...really cool. My favorite part was seeing the Enterprise Space Shuttle. I didn't realise how big space shuttles are. It's strange to look at what the heat shield tiles look like. Up close you wouldn't think that they could withstand all the heat from the atmosphere. Anyways, here's some pics from our day at the museum. If you're ever out in the Dulles area, I highly recommend it.Sunday, July 22, 2007
NASM
Yesterday we took a trek to the National Air & Space Museum at the Dulles Airport. It's about 5 minutes from where we live, so we figured we should go give it a look see. It was really cool! It's in the massive airport hangar. There are planes on the ground, hung in the air in all different poses...really cool. My favorite part was seeing the Enterprise Space Shuttle. I didn't realise how big space shuttles are. It's strange to look at what the heat shield tiles look like. Up close you wouldn't think that they could withstand all the heat from the atmosphere. Anyways, here's some pics from our day at the museum. If you're ever out in the Dulles area, I highly recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That looks way cool! Zack's brother and fam live in Reston, so the next time we're down we'll have to at least get together for a minute to see you guys!
That's so neat that you guys live so close to great things like that! I'm totally jealous!
Hey Courtney,
did you see the Voyager, Space Ship 1, and Global Flier airplanes? They are in the history of flight exhibit. I work for Burt Rutan who is the chief designer and owner of Scaled composites which is the company the built those aircraft. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, I can't wait to make the trip! I'm working on the Rocket Engine for Spaceship 2, who knows maybe something I worked on will someday make it in there! (Erik Lassen, Crisitn's husband)
Post a Comment