
To follow in Valerie's footsteps, I would like to participate in her wonderful idea of "Flashback Friday," where we get to reminisce in all those wonderfully embarrassing memories we have of ourselves via picture, video, or whatnot. I had a hard time deciding what to flashback to today, but think I picked a good one. I'd like to go back to my
sophomore year of high school. For some of you (you know who you are), this year is referred to as the "Golden Year." The year where just about everything happened to just about everyone. One exciting time was when I went to London for an
English class. This trip was intended for only honors students, but I was not in the Honors English class. The English teacher, Mrs.
Kostka, who took the students on the trip, knew me and personally asked me if I would like to go. Can't pass up a personal invitation can you? Anyway back to the story, here is the group that went to London that year. I am the 4
th from the left, not counting Mr,
Kostka, who is
staring at the ground. While we were there, we had a chance to see all the different homes of the Royals.

My story takes place in front of Prince Charles' Home. Kim and I wanted to take a picture with the guard standing outside his gate. Can't go to London and not get a picture next to the royal guard. So we ran up and stood on either side of him. I am on the right in the blue striped sweater. When we ran up there, I stumbled and accidentally bumped into him a little bit. I was all nervous and frantic that he was going to whip around and take me prisoner or something, so I said "Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry sir!" Kim laughed and the guard half smiled. I'm not kidding! I got an English Guard to half smile. How many people can say that?
2 comments:
Great story. I remember doing some sort of dance to try to get those guards to make a face, and no luck, so consider yourself in a pretty elite group. Not many folks can claim they got those guards to smile.
YOU PEOPLE LEFT ME HOME DURING THAT TRIP! I spent my entire spring break bored! So sad... but, it WAS the golden year!!! lol...
Post a Comment