Thursday, July 12, 2007

Independence Day

Okay so I'm only like a week late with this. I have a good excuse. Mallory was in town the past few days and I was so busy entertaining her.

So happy late Independence Day! Early Wednesday morning we got up and went to our ward 4th of July Breakfast. They had it in the church parking lot. It was a lot of fun! They pulled out the table and chairs and had them all set up outside. The bishopric cooked up tons of pancakes and sausage and others brought fruit and juice and milk. There was a theatre group from Sterling there for the entertainment. They performed some songs from The King and I. It's the show they are putting on this year. It was cute. On all the tables they had a 4th of July quiz, but between Heather and I, we really stunk at it. So we determined that clearly the creator the quiz was wrong about his history and that we clearly knew more than he.
Later they had a firetruck there for the kids. One of the fireman gave a little presentation and had one of the children try on a fire suit. It was cute. Andrew was there with Carson during the presentation. I thought he would be so excited because he loves trucks, but he was quite the opposite. After the presentation we were looking at the front of the truck and a fireman asked us if Carson wanted to sit in the front. We said sure, thinking he would love it. Wrong! As soon as Andrew and Carson climbed up, he started to scream! Here's the picture I took of it. It's a little blurry, but you can see that Carson is not happy at all. Poor guy. Once Carson climbed out, the fireman shut the door and that was the end of kids sitting up front. I think Carson ruined it for everyone. Here are some other photos from our ward breakfast.




Here we are in front of the firetruck. Carson is still shaken up from being in the passenger seat.


The Fireman's presentation. He was very friendly and funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are going to have to break Carson of his disdain of large trucks... esp ones that make noise and go fast!!! I'll work on that next time you come up!