Monday, April 7, 2014

Popcorn popping on the smelly pear tree

Our neighborhood (and Richmond) is full of these Bradford Pear Trees that look gorgeous in the springtime!  I took these pictures of the one in our front yard. 
 
 
 
 
The only downside to all these gorgeous pear trees blooming in the spring is that they smell AWFUL!  I am not joking.  I think it smells like dead fish.  Carson thinks they smell like dog poo.  So the few weeks that Richmond looks beautiful, it also smells nasty. 

We also have a few bulbs in our yard that like to come up, but not produce any flowers.  This year we managed to get 1 daffodil! 

Kayla loved our little yellow flower. 

She might have loved it a little bit too much, because it didn't last very long. 

I think once we were done taking these pictures, it was all bent over.  Oh well.

No comments: