Warning: this is a long post with many pictures. Feel free to skip all the labor and delivery stuff and just scroll down to see my beautiful baby.

On October 13, Andrew and I woke up early and headed over the hospital to be induced. Kayla was now 3 days late and I didn't want to risk the chance that she would be born on the 14th (Carson's birthday). Here I am after getting to the LDR. Man I'm huge!

We were both very excited to get this induction underway.

And the waiting begins. They broke my water and since I was 4cm dialated, my doctor wanted to see if I would start contracting on my own. After 2 or so hours of contracting at about 10-15 minutes apart, he decided to start the pitocin. A few hours later, when I was checked, I was only at a 6. She had her head turned to the side, so she wasn't able to drop down. After my ob coaxed her to turn her head, she dropped instantly and I went from a 6 to a 10 in about 5 minutes. After about 20 minutes of pushing, we had a baby!

Kayla Virginia Baird was born at 2:20pm. As you can see, she was 8lbs 11oz. Only 2oz shy of Carson's birth weight. She was 21.5 inches long.

After the doctors brought her over to me, I tried laying her on chest to snuggle, but she kept looking around. She is one wiggly baby.

I was lucky to have my family come visit me in the hospital. Since I was there over Carson's birthday, they were kind enough to bring me a piece of birthday cake. But I had to share it with the kids, so I probably got only 3 or 4 bites of it.

Carson and Abby loved the airbed that I was on. It would adjust itself whenever they would climb on. They were excited about all the buttons it had too.

My mom and dad stayed with the kids while we were in the hospital. Carson and Abby were in heaven.

Big sister already loving her little sister.

Grandchild tally: 2 boys, 3 girls (with another coming in January!)


Our family of 5.

Kayla's first bath. Andrew said that she kicked over the bucket of water during her bath. That's my girl. While we were in the hospital, there was another Baird family having a baby girl at the same time. We got put on opposite ends of the Postpartum section and anytime someone needed to check me or the baby, they looked at our arm bands a bajillion times. Andrew met the other Baird dad and baby girl in the nursery. She was a little 5lb baby. Not too hard to tell her and Kayla apart.

Very happy after her bath.

My special guys are now outnumbered. I hope they are prepared to be living in a house full of girls.



Watching House reruns while waiting for the discharge papers so we can go home. I was sick of being in bed, so I took the chair and Andrew took the bed.
Welcome to the family sweet Kayla!
1 comment:
Wow...glad the labor and delivery went so smoothly...and quickly. Wish I could get in on that!
Post a Comment