
We ate hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner and got to experiment some more with our dutch ovens and cast iron skillets. We made this fabulous apple cake for dessert that I think will now be a camping staple. So good! Andrew and I enjoyed the leftovers on Sunday afternoon with vanilla ice cream. We also roasted marshmallows and made smores. It's not camping without smores, right? Only downside was my lack of sleep on the trip. My brain would not shut up, so I only got about 2 hours of sleep that night. You know you are in trouble when you are still awake after the roudy teens a few campsites down have gone to bed and the whole park is completely silent. If Andrew wasn't sleeping in front of the tent door, I probably would have tried sleeping in the car.
The girls exploring the field on Saturday morning. They were so much fun to watch together. Two little peas in a pod.
We loved having the field right next to us and had fun trying to play badmitton. We took a nature walk before we left. It was a little long for my taste, but nice to see the lake and enjoy the surroundings. Abby was stuck in her wet sneakers and socks, so she whined unless someone carried her. Overall a great time. Hopefully we can go again before the summer is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment