This is our beautiful daughter Abigail. Today she is 16 months old. She has reached a lot of milestones recently. Her vocabulary is expanding everyday. She will say "Cheese!" if she sees a camera, she will say "roar" when Carson is playing dinosaurs with her, and she finally acknowledges me as "mama". Melts my heart! Other words include "go, uh huh, whoa, wow," etc. She can also go up and down the stairs all by herself (with mom or dad following close behind, of course). She gives high-5's, she dances, she even sings along with Carson's obnoxious toddler music that we listen to in the car. She can also palm a whole brownie in one hand, as demonstrated above. HOWEVER, we are still lacking in one little thing. She still isn't walking. She will walk if you hold her hands or if she creeps along furniture, but to get her to even take 1 step on her own is next to impossible. I've tried every trick I can think of and she doesn't fall for any of them. My pediatrician suggested I put her in physical therapy, but I don't think she's quite to that point yet. I'm seeking any advice or suggestions. Help!
2 comments:
It's so true and you never believe how fast the time can go until you become a parent. Abby seems to be growing so well. As for the walking thing I have no advise but to not give up. She'll walk when she wants too and if she does need physical therapy sometime in the future, it'll be okay.
Tyler's still not walking either, although he has taken some independent steps. I think that walking has to be worth it to him. We just try to give him as many opportunities to do so as possible. He loves his walker though and has figured out how to maneuver it around once he's bumped into something. It's pretty cute to watch.
JJ didn't walk until after she went into nursery (18 mos). The dr said she was probably just lazy. It's true. Going to nursery however gave her some incentive. Walking is faster when it comes to getting away from other kids.
Post a Comment