These old and incredibly ugly phones were some of Carson's favorite toys.
On the days we were allowed to go in the Atlantic, Carson enjoyed riding in his boat with daddy and only flew out twice (that I saw at least). He's a brave boy.
On Thursday, Andrew and I rented a waverunner on the Sound side for an hour. It was so much fun!! I'd never done it before, so I was kind of a crazy driver. But I managed to not fly off, which I was very impressed about. Only downside to that was that I was so sore for the next few days. The bumpy waves are fun to drive over, but your bottom feels for a while afterword. Then on Friday, us girls went to get pedicures and lunch at the Sanderling Day Spa. If you have not had a pedicure at a spa, I highly recommend it. It was so relaxing and my feet look fantabulous. Well worth the cost ($75!) We weren't going to leave until Saturday morning, but Tropical Storm Hannah decided to come our way, so we took off after dinner Friday night.
Saturday we spent the whole day watching the rain fall and pondering if we were going to get flooded. This is how our backyard looked at one point.The running river that was flowing pretty fast. Luckily it never got any bigger than this. By 4 pm the rain stopped and by 6pm by looking outside you wouldn't have known that Hannah had even come our way. The water was gone that fast. we watched the BYU game (GO COUGS!!!) and ate KFC. All around lazy day.
That was our super fun week. If you haven't been to the Outer Banks, I highly recommend it. There's tons of things to do and who doesn't love the beach?
2 comments:
Oh Courtney,
I miss you. You're so great!! I wish VA was closer and I would drive to see you! :)
It looks like everyone had a good time, even with Hannah on your doorstep. Wish I could have been there! Love ya!
Post a Comment