Ever since I saw the DC episode of Great Hotels on the Travel Channel, I have wanted to stay in the Hay Adams Hotel. It's across the street from the White House and is absolutely gorgeous! Well last Christmas, Andrew surprised me by winning a free stay any weekend. So on Friday night, we took Carson and Abby to my parents house and spent the night in DC. It was so nice!! We laughed about how out of place we felt by having the bellboy bring our "bags" to our room (a Nike duffle bag). Our room normally goes for $800 a night, so we were very excited to stay for FREE! We went out to dinner at Bobby Van's Steakhouse and both got the best steaks ever. Then we were supposed to go see a movie, but we got there too late and it sold out. So we walked around Chinatown for a bit, got some Hagan Daaz ice cream and went back to the hotel to watch the Olympics. Saturday morning we ate a fabulous breakest in the hotel. Then we metro'd over to the Museum of Natural History. I'd never been, so I was excited to see dinosaurs and the Hope Diamond. After that, we started to miss our kids terribly, so we came back to the hotel and take a few pictures before we took off. We walked around Lafayette Park, saw the back of the White House, and took a private tour of the Hay Adams roof. It's gorgeous up there! They were setting up for a wedding reception and I decided that when Carson or Abby get's married that they should have their reception there. I probably need to book it now. After our little roof tour, we got our car and headed home. It was a nice little over nighter. I think the best part was sleeping till 9am without having a little guy jump on my bed. Maybe Andrew will get lucky again and win another stay. A girl can dream!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Hay Adams Hotel
Ever since I saw the DC episode of Great Hotels on the Travel Channel, I have wanted to stay in the Hay Adams Hotel. It's across the street from the White House and is absolutely gorgeous! Well last Christmas, Andrew surprised me by winning a free stay any weekend. So on Friday night, we took Carson and Abby to my parents house and spent the night in DC. It was so nice!! We laughed about how out of place we felt by having the bellboy bring our "bags" to our room (a Nike duffle bag). Our room normally goes for $800 a night, so we were very excited to stay for FREE! We went out to dinner at Bobby Van's Steakhouse and both got the best steaks ever. Then we were supposed to go see a movie, but we got there too late and it sold out. So we walked around Chinatown for a bit, got some Hagan Daaz ice cream and went back to the hotel to watch the Olympics. Saturday morning we ate a fabulous breakest in the hotel. Then we metro'd over to the Museum of Natural History. I'd never been, so I was excited to see dinosaurs and the Hope Diamond. After that, we started to miss our kids terribly, so we came back to the hotel and take a few pictures before we took off. We walked around Lafayette Park, saw the back of the White House, and took a private tour of the Hay Adams roof. It's gorgeous up there! They were setting up for a wedding reception and I decided that when Carson or Abby get's married that they should have their reception there. I probably need to book it now. After our little roof tour, we got our car and headed home. It was a nice little over nighter. I think the best part was sleeping till 9am without having a little guy jump on my bed. Maybe Andrew will get lucky again and win another stay. A girl can dream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, that is so neat that it was FREE!
Fun Courtney! I'm glad you were able to have a get away without the kids. That is always so needed. :)
Post a Comment