Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Strawberries and Sprinklers

Sunday night I took the kids up to my mom's house. My sister came up as well with her son Landon. Monday morning we all got up early and went strawberry picking. Carson wasn't too interested in the picking part, but he loved the eating part! We could not keep that kid from eating the berries we picked. He was constantly showing them in his mouth. By the time we left, it was pretty obvious that he had eaten some berries out in the field. Here he is at home with half of the berries that we picked. Notice where his right hand is? We spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon jamming and freezing berries.

After naptime, we took the kids into the backyard to run through the Nemo sprinkler. It was Carson's first time running through a sprinkler, so we had to give him a little bit to get warmed up to the idea. But once he did, he went nuts! I forgot to bring up his swimsuit, so he's wearing his dirty shirt from berry picking and a swim diaper. I had to get in there a few times so he would play. And yes, that's Landon trying to drink the water. Too funny.

Not the best video. My mom has better ones on her camera. I'll try to get a better one.

After our long day, we chowed down on Strawberry Shortcake. Yum! All around a busy, but fun day.

No comments: