Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Carson's 3rd Parent-Sesame Street

Carson loves Sesame Street. Some of his first smiles were from watching Cookie Monster talk about the letter of the day. The Count taught him to count to 20. I can't take any credit for teaching him his ABC's. Carson is living proof that Sesame Street is educational television. This morning is another example of how he learns from watching these muppets.

On Saturday while at Toys R Us, we picked up this video for Carson:
I wasn't planning on potty training Carson for a while because the only interest he has in the toilet is flushing it over and over again. But he has a little potty that he calls "his chair", so I thought this could be a way to somewhat introduce the idea to him in a comfortable environment. He watched it Saturday night and Sunday. This morning he told Andrew he was stinky (our code word for he has a poopy diaper). So when Andrew went to change him, Carson ran into the bathroom and sat on his little potty. He proceeded to "do his thing" in the potty. When Andrew told me about it this morning, I was a little dumbfounded. Had this video convinced Carson to try using his potty? Right now I'm calling this incident a random occurrence just to get my hopes up. If it happens again, then I'll think about giving this potty training thing a start. Who knew that Elmo and Grover talking about using the potty could be so powerful?

2 comments:

Abs said...

If this works you are the luckiest woman ALIVE.

Cristin said...

Courtney - I am totally going to get this movie. Luke also LOVES sesame street. If he sees Elmo eating a banana, he will go into the kitchen and get a banana at that instant. So, maybe this will have a similar effect.