Last Friday I went into the hospital to be induced. Once again it was another boring labor. This time I at least brought some movies, so I watched While You Were Sleeping which always makes me happy. Since I was Strep B positive, I had to have antibiotics every 4 hours. Between that, the pitocin and my epidural I had like 4 different liquids being pumped into my arm. There were tubes all over. After a 11 hours of labor I was finally ready to push. 4 pushes later I had a baby. Abigail Diane was born on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 7:06 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. We were surprised to see how much hair she was born with. Carson just had a little peach fuzz. She was a little jaundice, so she has had about 6 blood tests since being born. But it is normal and I am glad that she won't have to get any more pokies.
We came home on Sunday in a massive rain storm! we went into the hospital in beautiful sunny weather and came home in a rainstorm. She is a great eater and for the most part, a good sleeper. We're still working on getting her to sleep in her cradle at night instead of wanting to be held. She'll sleep in her cradle just fine during the day, but at night she wants to be held.
Carson is doing really well with the baby being here. I was nervous about him reacting in a negative way towards her. He gives her kisses and wants to help put her binky in her mouth and cover her with her blanket. While we were at the hospital, my mom and sister took care of Carson. He came down with some strange bumps on his arms and legs and has allergies bugging his eyes, so he hasn't been quite himself the past few days. But even with all that ailing him, he is still in a pretty good mood.
Anyways here's a bunch of pictures from the hospital. I'll put up more later.


8 comments:
She is so cute!
Yay! Congratulations!
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! She's beautiful and the perfect size.
Can I just say, you look AWESOME for having been in labor. I always look like a bloated disaster. But you look cute as always.
Cute cute cute! I'm glad you are home.
Congrats!
Congrats! She is so adorable and I LOVE the name! I cannot believe how much hair she has. Good luck with everything!
Congrats on the beautiful new girl! I'm glad things went well for the delivery and you've all made it home healthy.
Post a Comment