This past Saturday was Andrew's first Saturday of the year that he didn't have to work. So naturally I put him to work. We were everywhere doing just about everything. First we went to Costco and spent way too much money (which isn't hard). Then we ran over to the mall so Andrew could get a new pair of dress shoes. Well the guy working the shoe dept. at Macy's was on a break, so we decided to head out to look at the train. Carson loves watching the train! Since we had to wait, Andrew took Carson on the train ride. These are the only pictures I could get of them. Sorry, they were taken on my cell phone, so they are really bad.
This train drives all around the mall. It's pretty sweet and only costs a buck. Carson loved it! Here it is on it's way back to the depot. 
This train drives all around the mall. It's pretty sweet and only costs a buck. Carson loved it! Here it is on it's way back to the depot. 
Carson and Dad after the train ride. Carson was looking at the camera, but of course the stupid delay on camera phones. Oh well. They rode in the caboose of the train.
After we got Andrew's shoes, we came home for lunch. After lunch Carson went down for his nap and Andrew and I got to work. I was busy making applesauce chocolate chip cookies while Andrew stained Carson's bookshelf. For those of you who aren't familiar with this bookshelf, I'll fill you in. My brother-in-law Evan made Carson this bookshelf for his 2nd birthday (Oct 14th). The only thing needed to be done was to stain it. Well we went out and picked out the stain and got everything you need to stain it. And here it is mid March before we actually get around to doing it. Here's Andrew busy at work on the patio.
He did a great job with it! Now we just need a coat of Poly on it and it will be finished. I'll have to post a picture once it's totally done.
Well once that was done, Carson woke up and we decided to head over to the pet store. 2 of our fish have died in the past few months, so we finally got around to replacing them. We got another catfish (lucky #4!) and a red wag platy.
Isn't he cute? I want to name him Tucker. Hopefully they stick around for a while. Once we got them home it was time to make dinner. Andrew invited Lauren and Evan over for dinner, so I was busy making the enchiladas when they showed up. After dinner and as they were leaving, it started to rain, so Andrew and I ran outside to save the bookshelf. We had left it on the patio to dry. Luckily nothing happened...whew! Man once Sunday rolled around we were just wiped! I'm not used to working that hard. But it was nice to have Andrew around and actually have a productive Saturday. If Andrew doesn't end up going to Utah this weekend, who knows what we will come up with to do!
2 comments:
I love the new look on your blog! Good choice. Our tulips are coming up, too. I love spring!
APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!?!?!? OMG HOW I MISS THOSE!!!
can you email me the recipe???
Post a Comment