Monday, November 26, 2007

What a week!

Well we are finally back from our travels. We left on Saturday the 17th to fly out to Phoenix for a week. We were slackers and didn't take too many pictures, but here's a little overview of how our week went.

On Monday, Carson and I went with Nanna and Corinne (Carson's cousin who is 8 months older than he is) to the Phoenix Zoo. Here we are by the giraffes. It was so hot that day! Why I wore long sleeves, I have no idea.

Here's Carson and Corinne putting on a little show on this platform by our picnic table. Those two had so much fun that day. We could barely get them to sit down and eat lunch.


On Wednesday night the family went down to Missy's house for a game night. While most of us played games, Carson and Corinne watched Sesame Street videos on a portable dvd player. The Suns game was on tv, so we had to put them somewhere where they could watch. Aren't they cute?

Thanksgiving morning it's tradition for the cousins to get together for their annual "cuz bowl." The past few years it's dwindled down in numbers, so they were excited to get a good turnout this year. Since I'm pregnant, I had to sit out and watch. Carson helped me get some pictures of his daddy in action. Here's a few of our "action shots."

Touchdown Andrew! Man I should be a sports photographer. Course it would be easier if I didn't have to chase down a 2-year old who wanted to play too.

The only way to keep him in one spot was to put him on the swings.

And finally after Thanksgiving dinner, we threw Dayne a surprise "man shower." He's getting married February, so his family planned a shower for him. We only got 2 pictures from the event before our camera battery died. Here he is opening one of his presents...his and her tools.


Here he is playing the "how well do you know Myhoa?" game. I think he ended up eating 10 pieces of bubble yum, or something like that. It was pretty gross to see.

When we got back to DC on Friday, we came home, ripped open our suitcases, packed a small dufflebag each, and climbed into the car to drive to my parents house in Baltimore. I desperately needed a stuffing fix! It should have taken about 75 minutes, but we had a little dilemma and about 30 minutes into the trip, had to turn around and drive back home to "pick up something Andrew left." He put his coat on the top of our trunk and it flew off right as we left the parking lot. I thought the trunk was still open when I heard it fly off, but Andrew pulled over to check it and said it was closed. It didn't hit him until 30 minutes later that the sound could have been his $100 wool coat that he set on the trunk and forgot to put in the car. So we turned around and for 30 minutes hoped and prayed to find this coat. When we got back it was miraculously lying in the middle of the street without any damage. So our 75 minute drive turned into a 2 1/2 hour drive. Carson slept the whole time, so he could have cared less.

But it was worth it because I got to eat my mom's stuffing (well worth the trip!!!) and fill up on cherry pie and pumpkin cheesecake while watching the BYU vs. Utah game. Go Cougs!! #19 in the BCS!

So that was basically our Thanksgiving. Tons of fun, but I'm ready for some normalcy again.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

sounds like a great time! My thanksgiving was smaller and relaxing. My grandparents came over, and one of my aunts came with my uncle and cousin. The rest of the family went to Charlie Browns!!! (WHY?? I don't know...) but it was nice even still. :-)

LeMira said...

A vacation is nice to have once in a while to remind you the need for normalcy in life. I'm glad you had fun.

Valerie said...

It sounds like you might need a vacation from your Thanksgiving trip! What a crazy itinerary!