Friday, April 25, 2014

McKenna Jean Baird

Today is the big day!  After putting the kids on the bus, Andrew and I arrived at the hospital at 8:30 for my 9am induction (today is also my due date).  My parents came down to watch the kiddos for us.   
 
Let the waiting begin
Once I was hooked up to the iv and antibiotics started (I was strep B positive), my doc came in and got things rolling by stripping my membranes.  After a few hours of uneventful contractions, they started Pitocin.  Since my delivery with Kayla went rather quickly, I opted to get my epidural sooner, rather than later.  I won't get into the trauma that was getting my epidural, but eventually it was done.  However, my labor kicked into major high gear and I was having breakthrough pains on my right side.  Even after pushing the epirdual button a few times, the pain was still there (FYI, Pitocin labor is awfully painful!!!)  So my nurse checked me and I was ready to go.  She got my OB and they were going to have me do a practice push, but then quickly changed their mind since the baby was right there.  2 pushes later and she was born!   
Hello gorgeous!
McKenna Jean made her worldwide debut at 4:45pm
 
She was 19.5 inches long

She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces (my smallest baby)

While trying to get a picture of her, she kept putting her hand over her face and grabbing her hat




Look at her hair!  I love it!!!

She loves to snuggle

Kayla instantly took to her and was so excited to see her sister






Big bro



The night nurses gave her a Mohawk after her bath
We are absolutely in love with her!!!  Welcome to the family!

1 comment:

Sally said...

I love the name McKenna. She's adorable! Makes be so baby hungry. ;)