Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Snow Day

Ever wonder what an East Coast snow day looks like?  We had our first snow day yesterday.  I thought I would document what it took to cancel school.  First we got a call at 5:45 am saying there was a 2-hour delay.  At that time, nothing was happening outside.  Then we got a phone call saying they cancelled school at 7:00am.   

This is what our front yard looked like at 9:58 am


Driveway at 9:58 am.  I would like to note that at no point during the day did we ever shovel or use salt. 


Front yard at 11:28am.  This is around the time when Carson would be outside for recess. 


Driveway at 11:28am.  Still no salt or shoveling. 


And finally, our front yard at 3:22 pm.  About an hour after Carson is home from school. 


My tulips are happy that this snow day was a bunch of nothing. 
There you have it folks!  A geniune Virginia snow day!

2 comments:

Emily Brooke said...

Are you kidding me!?

OneSharpMom said...

Yeah, don't you love it??? I remember the first time they cancelled school out there - I was shocked. I was also shocked at how many people run for groceries right before one of these storms.