Monday, May 12, 2008

Dissecting the diaper cake

Okay so some of Andrew's co-workers sent us a diaper cake as a baby present. Since we finally used up the newborn diapers, it was high time to break into this thing. I was intrigued as to how it was put together, so I documented it's dismemberment so I could attempt to make one at a later time for someone as a gift.

Shots of the cake

My trusty sidekick during this procedure.

The recepient of the cake





Some shots of the process


The goodies at the end (minus the 41 diapers)

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I'm really glad you documented this, I've always wanted to make one of these.

Abs said...

What a fun gift. There's a great tutorial for this at homemadebyjill.blogspot.com

The last pics were so cute!

Tricia said...

I always wondered how those were put together. It's so cute for a gift. Abby is getting cuter and cuter.