Monday, January 28, 2008

A great man

We found out last night that President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. I'm very sad that he's gone, but more than anything, I feel a great peace. When Andrew and I were talking about his passing I thought about his wife Marjorie waiting for him on the other side and how she must be so happy to be with him again after 4 years of being apart. Thinking about that made me realize how lucky I am to know that families can be together forever and that even when we die, we will be with them again. I am going to miss him terribly, but I am so glad that he is with his wife again. He truly was a prophet of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And isn't it wonderful that the Lord allows us many years to get to know the men that take on the mantel of the prophet instead of just meeting them for the first time at the call? If anyone can fill the shoes of Pres. Hinckley, it's Pres. Monson - that gives me great peace as well.