Friday, March 9, 2007

Blogger Beginner

Hey all! So I have been inspired to join the world of blogging. It looks like a great way to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in the Baird household. Let's see if I can do a short summary of the exciting events that have taken place this year. To start off, in January we purchased a 2-story condo. This was so exciting for me because I absolutely detest renting. It was in really bad shape, so for the next few weeks we were working non-stop (meaning I was working non-stop). When I wasn't packing our old condo, I was painting the new one. Now it's 2 months later and we (meaning basically me) painted the whole unit, replaced all of the carpet, installed a new kitchen sink and a bathroom cabinet. It looks so much better. I don't know how the old owners lived in that mess...it couldn't have been sanitary.

Andrew and I went to a Wizards/Suns game that month. He is a huge Suns fan, so we had to go see them play. We were up in the cheap seats. His brother Dayne was there too with his girlfriend Myhoa. He got his tickets through his work, so they had like centercourt seats 10 rows up. We were like 10 rows from the top behind a basket. Eitherway it was still a good game. Naturally the Suns won. I was a little nervous because the last time we went to a game, they played the Jazz and the Jazz beat them. This was back when the Jazz totally sucked, so it was a complete shocker. We also went to see "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe?" at the Kennedy Center. We have season tickets with my sister. Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin were the main stars. It took me a while to figure out where I had seen Bill Irwin, then it hit me during the second act. He is Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street! Carson loves Sesame Street, so we tend to watch it basically everyday. It was strange to see him in a different roll.

In Feburary not too much happened. Our church had a flood one week, so they told everyone to attend another building in the Stake. We think it was fate that our building flooded, because as it so happened, our old Stake was having their Stake Conference that weekend and President Packer was going to be there. So we had a great excuse to go and listen to him speak. I miss being able to hear all these great General Authorities speak. You really get spoiled being at BYU.
And here it is March. The only eventful thing that has happened this month is having a sick child. Carson was sick for over a week and it was terrible! He came down with a virus that gave him really bad diahhrea. All I will say is that our washing machine was in full swing all the time.

No comments: